Arlene is a Senior Tax Manager at Maze and Associates.
She has 27 years of public accounting experience, providing tax consulting, strategic planning and advisory services to individuals and businesses in all stages. She is focused on improving her client’s growth and profitability and excels at helping them understand their financial and tax situation.
Arlene is passionate about her work and assists her clients transition through both business and personal milestones. Her clients love her personable approach and know that she operates with their best interest in mind, acting as partner and advisor.
Prior to joining Maze and Associates, Arlene managed her private practice which included both a tax and audit component. Her firm participated in the AICPA Peer Review Process since its inception in 1997. Her audit practice specialized in the non-profit industry, included OMB Circular A-133 compliance and several joint venture projects with Deloitte & Touché, LLP.
Arlene’s tax focus includes the preparation of business, individual, trust and estate tax returns to include specialization in real estate transactions and 1031 exchanges. Her understanding of tax-exempt entities also allows her to handle the unique tax situations related to Private Foundations and Supporting Organizations.
Arlene is a frequent speaker on tax issues to professional groups in the area and participates with in-house staff training. She has appeared on various television and radio programs and contributes technical articles to local print media. He book “Day to Day Business Accounting” was published by Prentice Hall.
• University of Texas, Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration,1980
• California CPA License, 1995
• Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Master of Taxation, 1999
• FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (2013-2019)
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), 1996
• AICPA, Member Private Companies Practice Section, 1996
• AICPA, Member Tax Section, 1996
• CalCPA Financial Literacy Committee (Past Member)